Menu

Life of Fred Question...

ktwensel

My dd struggles with math. She doesn't like it and really doesn't think it's important! I purchased LOF Fractions thinking it would give her a new appreciation for math. She does fairly well at her mult tables but is not quick with them. Do you think she is ready to start LOF or should she wait until she is stronger in the mult tables?

I think having the math facts down solid will make LOF more interesting. Part of the reason we like using it as a supplement is that the girls are able to solve the questions quickly. If LOF were frustrating, I think it would detract from what we use the book for...fun. Hope this helps! :)

Do you think she is ready to start LOF or should she wait until she is stronger in the mult tables?
Can she do long division with multi-digit divisors? This is a must for LoF.

ETA: If yes I'd start LoF, since she does know her tables. She'll get plenty of practice (especially with 7's... every question seems to involve 7's :D )

We've made it through three LOF books (Fractions, Decimals, and Pre-alg w/Biology); and DS still struggles with math facts. If she's ready for the concepts but just can't remember the facts, I'd let her move on. That's what we did here.