Menu

Artistic Pursuits question

Polly

We did book 3 last year and I just bought book 2 to do for next year. I don't see any reason, when I look over our new book, why it wouldn't be ok to do it out of order. So my guess is you are fine as long as you stick within the level (i.e. K-3).

I have all three books which I've used for the last 2 years. I don't do the lessons or books in order. Sometimes I've chosen projects that correspond with the period in history that we're studying, but more often than not, we would sit and choose the ones that appealed to us the most. I don't think my kids are any worse off for doing it this way. ;) Actually, I haven't really found that the lessons build on the skills learned in the previous one.

I was concerned about this too. This was my first year to purchase AP materials and I went with book 2. After looking it over, I don't believe we would have been better off to do book 1 first. However, my kids have previously taken art classes, gone to art camps, and of course, make art at home. With that being said, I am confident that they could have started in book 2 with no experience at all! It looks like fun and we can't wait to start!

We lined up lessons that matched from each artistic pursuits book with which every SOTW book we are using - and then have just hopped and skipped randomly from book to book with any other lessons we felt like doing.

So no, IMHO, I don't think order with Artistic pursuits K-3 is that important :001_smile: