Menu

Need and can't find Teaching Textbooks grade 6, suggestions on where to find set?

I know when I was looking for TT5 to use for this coming fall, this board was suggested to me (which is what got me started posting regularly here to begin with lol), as was vegsource.com which has a homeschool sale/swap board. I guess you COULD try ebay. Maybe try doing a search on "used homeschool curriculum" or some such and see if you can find any other sites.

When I posted looking for TT5, I posted here and on that vegsource board and someone ended up emailing me from that other one and that was who I bought mine from. It took a few weeks though, I didn't find it overnight, that's for sure! TT goes fast when it sells used!

In fact, I told the person who I bought TT5 from that when she finishes her TT6 next year to feel free to contact me about buying that from her too lol, since I'm a year behind her.

Good luck!

Do you have time to play the "wait game"...if so, wait, and it will pop up soon enough. I "window-shop" the used curriculum forum here all year long, with a "wish list" in my mind (and on my computer)...so when something pops up, I know it's a good deal, and I can jump on it.

If you don't need it until August or so, just keep watching and waiting. Almost every time I decided I couldn't wait anymore and went ahead and bought new, it would show up within a week on the used boards...grrrr!

I sent you a pm.

OK...I did not get the pm!!

Do you have time to play the "wait game"...if so, wait, and it will pop up soon enough. I "window-shop" the used curriculum forum here all year long, with a "wish list" in my mind (and on my computer)...so when something pops up, I know it's a good deal, and I can jump on it.

If you don't need it until August or so, just keep watching and waiting. Almost every time I decided I couldn't wait anymore and went ahead and bought new, it would show up within a week on the used boards...grrrr!

Yes, I do the same thing...window shop, to a point. Well, I can and can not wait "too" long for it. I have a math 6 program now that is nice and very respectable, but she's weak in math and I need a more gentle approach.

Yes, I see TT sets advertised on vegsource all the time.

I just can't seem to find it on vegsource...I posted on the wtb there, but no response.

I know when I was looking for TT5 to use for this coming fall, this board was suggested to me (which is what got me started posting regularly here to begin with lol), as was vegsource.com which has a homeschool sale/swap board. I guess you COULD try ebay. Maybe try doing a search on "used homeschool curriculum" or some such and see if you can find any other sites.

When I posted looking for TT5, I posted here and on that vegsource board and someone ended up emailing me from that other one and that was who I bought mine from. It took a few weeks though, I didn't find it overnight, that's for sure! TT goes fast when it sells used!

In fact, I told the person who I bought TT5 from that when she finishes her TT6 next year to feel free to contact me about buying that from her too lol, since I'm a year behind her.

Good luck!

Yes, I've tried to piggy back after others too. It only seems to make sense for all parties to have an arrangement like that. ;)

I'll keep plugging away!

I got ours on eBay, for a pretty decent price.

I was planning to list our TT5 CDs soon...if anyone's interested in them, PM me! I might have the workbook for that, too...DS never uses the workbook. I'll have to check.