Menu

Ellen McHenry courses

swellmomma

I used The Brain at home and I used it for a co-op class. The age range was 9-12 and it was a very good fit. My husband has epilepsy and I had his neurologist read it and he loved its thoroughness and the fun way neurology is presented. My students really enjoyed the projects and most did well.

Guest mrsjamiesouth

Did you download the sample of Excavating English? Also, you can email her with any questions. I did and she was extremely helpful. We have The Elements, Carbon Chemistry and The Brain. I haven't used the Brain, but plan to this Fall with my soon to be ds10. The Elements was great for him even at 9, and Carbon Chemistry was a little harder but still ok.

I would like to get Excavating English and Mapping the World too. I think if you used Excavating English as a supplement, you could spread it out over a couple years.

I have not used Excavating English but I own it and have looked through it, planning to use it. I would say it's middle school to high school. We have also used The Elements - love that course! It is definitely for a younger age range than EE. My thought on EE is to combine it with TC History of the English Language DVDs and make it into a language history course for my middle dd when she is in high school. It looks fabulous.