Menu

Where to buy Apologia notebooking journals

If you want to make your own journal, you can download notebooking pages from Jeannie's website. There aren't as many activities and pages to go with each unit/chapter, but they are FREE! :)

http://www.jeanniefulbright.com/NotebookPages.html

But don't forget that your "free" book will cost you $10- $20 for ink (depending on your printer), $4 for paper (for 1 ream of white) and $5 (@ Office Max)for binding.

But don't forget that your "free" book will cost you $10- $20 for ink (depending on your printer), $4 for paper (for 1 ream of white) and $5 (@ Office Max)for binding.

Unless you got 2 cases of paper on sale for $5 when Staples had their sale + rebate thing going! :lol:

Can you load this onto a memory stick and take it to an office store for printing? I'm out of the US, but I seem to remember that this was an option at at least one of the big box stores. With a teacher discount card I think you might get this down under 10 cents per page. You could pay to have it bound or just put it into a binder.

Update: Try Kinkos.com it looks like there are some options there. Try under manuals.

Edited by Sebastian (a lady)

Can you load this onto a memory stick and take it to an office store for printing? I'm out of the US, but I seem to remember that this was an option at at least one of the big box stores. With a teacher discount card I think you might get this down under 10 cents per page. You could pay to have it bound or just put it into a binder.

Update: Try Kinkos.com it looks like there are some options there. Try under manuals.

OK, I checked out the options at Kinkos using the custom settings. Doing the free notebooking pages for the Botany book would be about $6 without binding (60 pages). I would be making two copies because I have two kids, which then created a discount.

Adding a binding made it more expensive, depending on the binding. Coil binding and a clear plastic cover raised the price to $11. Even just hold punching put it up to $7.20.

I was getting $1.20 off for doing two (one per kid) so if you knew several people who needed this, a group order might get a good discount.

I may have to try this this year. My printer ink is expensive and hard to find and the only copy shop here is expensive.

If you have a local print shop, you might want to check there too. They might be able to give you a better price, especially if they are locally owned.

True - there is the expense of paper and ink; however I wasn't planning to have the notebook bound. I have my kids keep a science journal by using a basic folder with clasps. They add the pages as they do them. This allows more flexibility so that if we want to add extra drawings or pages or experiments, we're not limited by having a pre-bound notebook.

I really like the Apologia notebooking journals - they are very attractive and have lots of great activities in them. If you can find a good price on them, they are a great addition to your science curriculum. But, if you like a DIY version, it's nice to know where to find resources.