Menu

I feel bereft. . . Dh took my baby away. . .!

Ok - so the "baby" is 8. And they go out for the day or afternoon all the time. But this time it is overnight. We were all going together up to Canada for a surprise birthday party for my MIL. Then ds got sick. He's way too sick to go and we can't leave him here alone so I got to stay home with him. I know that dd8 will have a good time with cousins and all. But I miss her! (She's only been gone for 5 min.:lol:) I told her that Daddy is not Mommy so she will have to speak up to let him know if he needs to help her with stuff.

Ok - so the "baby" is 8. And they go out for the day or afternoon all the time. But this time it is overnight. We were all going together up to Canada for a surprise birthday party for my MIL. Then ds got sick. He's way too sick to go and we can't leave him here alone so I got to stay home with him. I know that dd8 will have a good time with cousins and all. But I miss her! (She's only been gone for 5 min.:lol:) I told her that Daddy is not Mommy so she will have to speak up to let him know if he needs to help her with stuff.

:grouphug: Totally understand!:grouphug:

Awwww!! It's hard, huh? I may be in a similar situation in a few months. DH is going to his cousin's wedding in October and he cant take off of work so he'll have to only stay for the weekend. I don't fly so we'd need to drive. Staying for only the weekend is not enough time for us to drive there and back. So Dh wants to fly and take our 6 year old with him. I know she'd have fun....but gosh, I don't want her to go!! I'll miss her.