Menu

Im losing my mind..

:001_huh::001_huh::001_huh: Oh my.. Im really losing it! I forgot to pay one of my CC bills. and for some reason I looked at them last night and realized it was due that day!

I quick scheduled payment online.. but I checked today and sure enough they already added the $39 late fee! ugg.. so I called and waited and waited.. finally got a customer service agent and gave all my info to verify.. then I think she was about to take care of it for me ( Ive never been late before) and bam.. I lose the call!

Im at work so I only have my cell phone. I sent a message through their online customer service center so hoping they will take the fee off!

I havent been sleeping at all lately and having terrible headaches! :confused: Its so unlike me to let this happen!

So, you paid it on time - ON the due date - right? That makes no sense!!! I'd keep calling if I were you. If they mark it as late, I bet they'll also charge you interest on the entire amount.

I had this happen once. I paid the bill on line the day before it was due, on a Sautrday (it was an immediate pay thing - Chase bank - both of them). The CC company didn't credit my account until Monday, making it one day late. They charged me the late fee and interest on the entire amount and refused to budge. So, I cancelled the card. I was livid!!!!

So, you paid it on time - ON the due date - right? That makes no sense!!! I'd keep calling if I were you. If they mark it as late, I bet they'll also charge you interest on the entire amount.

I had this happen once. I paid the bill on line the day before it was due, on a Sautrday (it was an immediate pay thing - Chase bank - both of them). The CC company didn't credit my account until Monday, making it one day late. They charged me the late fee and interest on the entire amount and refused to budge. So, I cancelled the card. I was livid!!!!

Well I scheduled it that night (the day it was due after I realized) but then it didnt credit until today. I went home and made another call and complained and then asked for a supervisor, then he finally said they would credit me this time. So it better show up on the statement!

I told her I was going to cancel it. But actually Im not using it anymore anyway because Im trying to pay off all my CC Debt so Its not going to be used. :D I was soo mad though. But hopefully they follow through and credit me.

Nope.. Online rep. sent a message back and they are unable to process my request! :mad:

Call again and complain, A LOT. I know from past experience, if you politely but firmly fight this, they will waive the late fee. They just put up a bit of a fight and drag their feet on it because they make tons of money on late fees from people that weren't persistent and give up.

Oh I see you've already handled it. I did NOT see that reply before I started my reply.

I would try calling again and speak with someone else.

I have really good credit and work hard at keeping that way..

My recently married son was denied access to even a 500.00 minimum credit card about 6 months ago. I realize things have changed, so DH and I agreed for me to cosign for him to get the card and then he would build up some credit and close the account in about a year.

Betweeen being newlyweds, finals in college and working 60 hours at work last month, he missed the deadline.

The balance was only 22.04 but they hit him with the 39.00 late fee.

He paid the bill yesterday, but they wouldn't take off the late fee for him.

Because my name is on the account I called today. They again refused saying the account has to be open a year before they will waive late fees, but since it was thru our bank that we have used since we moved to Michigan 14 years ago and I have multiple accounts there, I persisted and eventually they took it off.

Sometimes you just have to keep asking.

Chase is evil. EVIL, I say!

OP, some banks have their same-day payment cutoff at 5 p.m. (and some have it at midnight). Might you have missed that cutoff? I'd call back tonight when you get home and try again. If you always pay on time, ask for a manager and keep pushing (unless it's Chase, in which case, save yourself the headache and just have your paychecks direct-deposited to them. Evil, I'm telling you...).

Good luck!

ETA:I just saw that you had it handled for you. Good for you!