Menu

How do you structure your summer school days...

How are your summer school days structured so that your children aren't tempted to go outside/play with friends until their work is done.

I am not really talking about summer school. I am more talking of starting with the new school year in the middle of the summer (late July/early August).

Guest Cheryl in SoCal

Our school days during the summer are structured the same as the rest of the year. It's too hot here for "outside" to be much of a temptation;):lol:

Our school days during the summer are structured the same as the rest of the year. It's too hot here for "outside" to be much of a temptation;):lol:

Same here -- we must live in pretty much the same area!

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
Same here -- we must live in pretty much the same area!

Really? What part of SoCal are you in? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it on the BB.

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
Can I say that I LOVE your signature!?!

:lol: Thanks, just laying all my cards on the table;) Shortly after I joined there was a long thread about disclosing whether or not you had any ties to a curricula before posting about it so I made that my siggie to be on the safe side. Every now and then I think I should put my kids in my siggie then I think it's funny and I don't want to get rid of it. Maybe I'll add them after it.

How are your summer school days structured so that your children aren't tempted to go outside/play with friends until their work is done.

I am not really talking about summer school. I am more talking of starting with the new school year in the middle of the summer (late July/early August).

We do a lot of our school in the evenings, after we've played for the day.

If we do choose to do school during the day, we live out in the country. To play with friends requires getting in the car and going to their house, so it's never really a temptation! :)

We get up early so that we can get most of our work done by 1:00. Then most days we get some lunch and go swimming and hang out by the pool. Most of our friends are late risers or start later so when we're done with schoolwork we are free to socialize too.

Our summer schedule is the same as our school year schedule. We wake up, eat, do chores and then start school. They know the routine so they don't have a desire to go running off just because it's summer. We also live in the country, so no neighbors. ;)

I wish I lived in the country, especially since I will be doing Astronomy soon. That would be beautiful. I live on a main road near two major hospitals. *sigh*