Menu

How do you cook..

For zucchini, cut thick slices (just under 1/2" -- either lengthwise or at a slight angle), brush with a very little olive oil and grill. You can also sprinkle on a tiny amount of salt or use Italian (store bought or homemade) dressing instead of the olive oil. For asparagus, just use the whole stalks (break off the hard bottom end) and they can be grilled plain or brushed with olive oil or Italian dressing. I don't know the exact amount of time -- it doesn't take long, but I'm afraid my method of cooking is "until they're done".

Alternately with the zucchini and yellow squash, you can put them on bamboo skewers (soak first) along with other veggies (large sections of onion, pieces of bell pepper, whole mushrooms, etc) and grill them that way. They can go on plain, or you can brush them with olive oil, Italian dressing, teriyaki sauce (add pineapple to the skewers if you do that!), etc. You can also marinate the veggies first if you want to.

We eat this a ton during the summer! I especially like zucchini, summer squash, onions, and mushrooms with olive oil, garlic salt, and basil. YUM!!! I also saute them in a pan during the winter or if we have too much food on the grill! Never tried asparagus though.

We eat a lot of Zuc in the summer. What I do is make an aluminum foil pan of sorts. make sure it has side. Cut the Zuc lengthwise in 4ths and then cut that into 2-3 inch chunks. Spread on foil and we pour teryaki sauce on them and sometimes add pads of butter you could use olive oil instead of butter too. We also have sprinkled the Zuc with lemon pepper rather than teryaki. Both are yummy.