Menu

book club for 3rd/4th graders using skype?

lmrich

I haven't worked out the details yet... but thought I would post this and see if you wonderful people could offer your two cents.

Two years ago my dd was in a book club and it started out great, but ended up being a disappointment. The kids didn't read the book, they couldn't make it to the meeting, little siblings screamed etc... I loved the conversations that the girls had about the books and loved that it encouraged my dd to read books that she would not otherwise have selected.

So.. I have thought wouldn't it be cool to have a book club with WTM kids. We could meet weekly and discuss great literature. We, as moms, could take turns being the group leader, or I could do it all (I love literature and this age). I would want to make sure that we have a group of kids and families who are committed. I would love to start in August to make sure it is going to work. I am thinking of "meeting" on Thursdays at 11:00 am EST.

What advice do you have for me? Or am I crazy with this idea?

Guest rubilynne4

okay, duh? i need to read the whole post and title. i would totally be interested in this for my dd entering 4th grade next year. please let me know when you get it set up, or if you need any help. my hubby is real technical and does alot of IT stuff for work and church.

Guest rubilynne4
Ok! I will look at my calendar and get back to all of you with more details - I am not a techie person, so please give me a lot of latitude while I am learning how to set it up.

let me know if you need help. this sounds so cool. remember my hubby is the technical guy. he uses skyppe all the time for work.