Menu

Questions about MCT teacher books

I'm jumping on the MCT band wagon (I'll expect my welcome packet soon) but have some questions before I order. I see that in the hs basic pack it only includes the teacher books because you can get the exercises from them. How does that work though? Are the worksheets there with the answers or are there blank worksheets too? I'm confused. Can someone please help me out before I order? TIA!

I'm jumping on the MCT band wagon (I'll expect my welcome packet soon) but have some questions before I order. I see that in the hs basic pack it only includes the teacher books because you can get the exercises from them. How does that work though? Are the worksheets there with the answers or are there blank worksheets too? I'm confused. Can someone please help me out before I order? TIA!

Well, there really *aren't* any worksheets to speak of with MCT.

There are quizzes in the back of Caesar's English, and yes, the blank ones are included - I just copied them onto paper.

The Practice book is consumable, but the Basic package includes a Student Manual for that one.

The only book in the Elementary level I've thought I'd like the Student book for is Essay Voyage - there are some things (not worksheets) that have the answers filled in where I think it would be nice to have Student manual where they weren't - but those aren't worksheets, they're part of the text the teacher reads along with the kid. One could work around that.

In the Island level at least, there are no worksheets. This is not a "worksheet" type of grammar programme at all - it's more read, think, discuss, imagine, laugh, understand and absorb. The teacher's manual has the exact text and layout of the student books, except for information blocks on some pages and the "Teachers Manual" pages at the end. The information blocks might say things like "Before turning this page, ask them to ..." or "Read this chapter together slowly, pausing to ...". The TM portion (the smaller portion of the books) offers more indepth information for the teacher, and some suggested acitivites for the students. Some other activities are suggested within the student text.

The only exception is the "Practice Island" book, which has pages of sentences to analyse, one sentence per page. The TM is a separate book with the analysis filled in, and brief comments on each sentence.

Wow! Am I first one to answer an MCT question? Reason enough to live in Australia.

If you're starting w/ Island level, at the back of Grammar Island and Sentence Island teacher manuals, there are pre-tests and post-tests. I photocopied these for my kids. In the text of the book itself, there are a few review questions which flow w/ the text, we just did them orally and half the time the kids weren't look at the page. I just read it aloud to them or else i wrote it on the white board or scratch paper.