Menu

CHOW and Usborne Ency of World History schedules

Guest Julia J

Guest Julia J

Forgive me if this thread exists somewhere, I'm new to this forum! :)

I want to use the Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopedia of World History and A Child's History of the World next year for 1st grade, just covering Ancients. I would prefer not to also use SOTW, but the only schedules I can find online connect SOTW with the CHOW or Usborne. Does anyone have a schedule of just CHOW and Usborne? Or maybe just a detailed chapter list for CHOW including specifics for each chapter that I could line them up myself? I am trying to avoid reading the entire book twice. LOL

Thank you so much!

Julia

You may want to take a look at History Odyssey Ancients, Level One. The schedule has the Usborne book as the spine, with A Child's History of the World (SOTW is there too, but of course you could use it or not). See Pandia Press, if interested.

Sounds like Sonlight 1 (and in core 1, the readers and readalouds don't connect with the history, so you could use just that history schedule if you wished). Maybe you can get the teacher's guide/schedule cheap from someone who wants to keep the books?

Yes, Sonlight would be a good choice. We are just finishing up Core 1 right now. It ends with the Romans (and continues in Core 2). I'm sure you could find a used Instructor's Guide somewhere. They also use Usborne Time Traveller here and there in Core 1.

Guest Julia J

Thanks everyone! I wish I had the schedule in History Odyssey, but I can't justify buying it since I don't need the rest of the info. :) I haven't seen the Sonlight schedule, but that is a great idea! I will look for it or maybe borrow one. I have several friends who use Sonlight. I am the one who has to be complicated and make my own curriculum!!! ha

The Victory Coaching site is good for an overview, thanks for the link. I need a little more specific chapters lined up for next year, but I will definitely bookmark this site for scheduling the rest of the book in years to come!

:) Julia

I would prefer not to also use SOTW, but the only schedules I can find online connect SOTW with the CHOW or Usborne.

I was actually looking recently for a SOTW/Usborne schedule. Do you know where I could find one?? Sorry, I haven't seen any for CHOW, but those mentioned here look good!