Menu

Can someone familiar with NARHS course descriptions give me a hand?

I'm starting to write up ds's transcript for the year, and I'm a little stuck on Wordly Wise. It says in the Resource Advisor that it's worth 1/2 of a credit for English. Do I need to mark it as English Vocabulary, or just keep in English (he's also finishing Lifepacs 9, so he'll have a full credit from that) ... would I combine them for just one, 1.5 credit, English class? Or...?

From my experience, they would probably want the courses listed separately, but it really depends upon the preference of your son's adviser. You might write it up the way you prefer and then email it to his adviser to look over before sending in everything for the formal review.

Brenda

I'm starting to write up ds's transcript for the year, and I'm a little stuck on Wordly Wise. It says in the Resource Advisor that it's worth 1/2 of a credit for English. Do I need to mark it as English Vocabulary, or just keep in English (he's also finishing Lifepacs 9, so he'll have a full credit from that) ... would I combine them for just one, 1.5 credit, English class? Or...?

Half a credit? Really? :001_huh:

Personally, I'd give one credit for English.

The guidelines are set by the cover school. WW3000 = 1/2 credit per book. He really only spent 3 mo, less than 1/2 hour a day on it, so 1/2 credit seems fair. He's not quite 12, so we have plenty of time to accumulate high school credits, I just wanted to make sure that he was starting to get credit for his Geometry, etc.

I too would be inclined to include the vocabulary work as part of one English credit. However, NARHS is an organization that considers 80 clock hours of work as the equivalent of one high school credit (see here) unlike many other individuals and organizations that consider 120, 150, or even 180 hours to be worthy of one high school credit. Therefore, it's not surprising that NARHS would consider this book to be worth 1/2 credit.

Regards,

Kareni

I would list them separately since your adviser needs to see the tests/proof anyway. Ours always calls if she has a question or you can call/email her 1st to see what she would prefer.