Menu

Franklin Lakes, New Jersey?

Hey There,

So outside Franklin Lakes... is one spot my husband is looking at. It's very early in the game, but I wanna try to think outside my comfort zone. I've lived in NJ before, but not as a "long term" thing... and for sure... not as a Homeschooler.

Who wants to tell me how great it is in NJ? Specifically around the Philly border...

:)

Franklin Lakes is pretty far from the Philly border.... Far commute into a Philly.

Never lived there but F.Lakes is nice! Pricier, high end North Jersey living.

Dh knows the area well and likes it!

Edited by cjbeach

Franklin Lakes is a really nice town. I would guess the average home price would be about $750,000. I grew up a few towns over in Ridgewood and I really like the area. There is always something to do, plus NYC is a short bus ride and yet the suburbs are pretty quiet. There is a lot of shopping, busy highways and a few not so nice neighborhoods but there is a ton of stuff for kids too, if that is important to you.

Philly suburbs are, I think, pretty bad on the Jersey side. There is no realistic way to commute from Franklin Lakes to Philly.