Menu

christian parenting book

Hello,

Can you share with us your favorite Christian Parenting Book. I have just started homeschooling my 10 year old and 4 year old and wanted to know of a good parenting book to help with different behaviors at home. How to avoid, fix behaviors like teasing younger siblings, interrupting my teaching at home with bathroom breaks, drinking breaks, teasing breaks, talking back, i just don't get it breaks.....being that things are different now that I am homeschooling, I think he believes he can get away with more since he is being homeschooled, which I believe there should not be too much of a difference. The respect should be the same at home as in school. Just wanted to see if others have had similar situations and how some parenting books have helped their homeschooling to go a little smoother especially homeschooling different aged children. Thanks:001_smile:

I like Instructing a Child's Heart by Tripp. In it he teaches that behavior is not the issue. The heart is the issue. Behavior reveals what is in the heart. Dealing with the heart is a lot more difficult than the outward behavior. Tripp offers much wisdom in dealing with the heart. The book was paradigm shifting for me. Read it slowly, read it often. This book ruined me for all other parenting books.

I love 2 especially:

"Shepherding a Child's Heart" by Tedd Tripp

"Creative Correction" by Lisa Whelchel

Use them a ton!

I found Tripp's book very helpful. Also, "Age of Opportunity". This is meant for dealing with teens, but I think it's great to read per younger kids also.