Menu

Can you all give me a list of high school curriculum that has DVD lectures?

There are a lot of math programs that have some sort of video component to them. The ones listed below include DVD, CD, and online lectures. I am sure there are also many others.

BJU DVD or online

Abeka

Chalkdust by Prof. Dana Mosely (his DVD's are also for sale by Houghton-Mifflin, I think that is the name)

Saxon with Dive CD, or with Saxon Teacher, or with Art Reed

Thinkwell

Holt (I believe Holt gives online access to lectures to go along with their textbooks for pre-algebra and up)

Videotext

Teaching Textbook

Ask Dr. Callahan

Math U See

Math Without Borders

Yes, I meant that I'm looking into every subject individually (not like BJU or Abeka). I didn't know Apologia had dvd lessons. I'll have to check that out. There seem to be plenty for math. Is there anything like those that follow a particular curriculum closely. I've looked into The Teaching company and they look great. I just don't know how many of them I can afford. Which Teaching Company dvd's did find most helpful for high school?

Yes, I meant that I'm looking into every subject individually (not like BJU or Abeka). I didn't know Apologia had dvd lessons. I'll have to check that out. There seem to be plenty for math. Is there anything like those that follow a particular curriculum closely. I've looked into The Teaching company and they look great. I just don't know how many of them I can afford. Which Teaching Company dvd's did find most helpful for high school?
Okay, the way the original was worded I thought you meant only ones that had DVDs for EVERY subject. :001_smile:

For TTC, use the Search at the top and put in The Teaching Company and see what comes up. I know it's been talked about, and people have asked about what DVDs are good.

For us, the Early American History was GREAT! My kids all LOVED it! DD was actually sad when she finished them, and told me that if that guy had any other DVD series she wanted to do them! :D

Thinkwell

Teaching Textbooks

Math U See

Conceptual Chemistry

Teaching Company

Lial's math books (DVTs)

Math Without Borders (Foerster's Algebra I and II)

Dr Callahan (Jacobs Algebra I and Geometry)

Hippocampus

MIT Opencourseware (there's one for UCLA too, but I can't remember the name)

Chalkdust

Are TTC DVDs complete programs? Or are they best used as a supplement?
We've only used a couple of them, so I can't really answer that. Sorry. The History one we did needed to be supplemented, but it was easy enough to find lots of books on the subject.

The other one was Super Star Student, which was its own subject, so didn't need to be.

You may want to use the search engine for TTC DVDs and see what you can find. I haven't seen many negative comments about them. Hopefully someone that's done more of them will come in and answer this for you!

I don't mean to be rude, but this question is kind of like asking "I would like a list of all homeschool curriculum, by subject, please."

There are literally hundreds of different curricula out there that utilize DVDs in some fashion. Some are big productions, some are tiny cottage programs. Google is your friend. Type in what you're looking for with "DVD" on the end and see what comes up.

asta