Menu

If your a NY'r .. When do you send your letter of Intent??

Im just wondering because my daughter has about 1 month left of PS and I have her curriculum for next year but I Havent written any plans out yet..( have to figure that part out) and I know that has to be sent not too much longer after the letter of intent.

But I dont want to cause any problems for her in PS so I was trying to wait until the end , right before she gets done with 4th grade.

thanks in advance for any info :D

Im just wondering because my daughter has about 1 month left of PS and I have her curriculum for next year but I Havent written any plans out yet..( have to figure that part out) and I know that has to be sent not too much longer after the letter of intent.

But I dont want to cause any problems for her in PS so I was trying to wait until the end , right before she gets done with 4th grade.

thanks in advance for any info :D

I send mine in with my 4th quarter report. Your IHIP is not due until August 15th, and that should just be a list of text books or materials you plan to use...NOT lesson plans.

~~Faithe

P.S. If this is your first time homeschooling, you can send in your Letter of Intent the week before school starts in September (or even the day before as you can make your decision to homeschool at any time. Your LOI needs to be sent within 10 days of COMMENCEMENT of homeschooling, not just thinking about it...kWIM? ...then the school needs to respond to you. Then you have 2 weeks to send them a list of curricula you plan to use (again...NOT lesson plans or daily plans.) That can buy you some extra time. Check out HSLDA website or the LEAH website for additional info.

Edited by Mommyfaithe

Thank you :) I was thinking I saw that it said july 1st or 10 days before you begin home schooling. I just wanted to wait until she was done with 4th grade and out of school before I send the letter.

I have purchased most of her books etc.. and that helps to know I just need to list the books not the plan :) Super thanks again !! :D