Menu

LOF Advanced Alg for summer review for ds...

between Geometry & Alg 2 at Christian school?

I want something a bit lighter since it's summer. He did CD Prealg, Alg 1 at home. Prentice Hall Geometry at school and will continue in Alg 2 in the fall.

Will LOF Advanced Alg be a good fit for summer learning? Is it easy to schedule? Complete answers in the TM/solutions guide?

Thanks in advance!!:001_smile:

Guest Cheryl in SoCal

Advanced Algebra is Algebra 2. If you want review I'd choose Beginning Algebra, which is Algebra 1.

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
Is Alg 1 review built into the LOF Advanced Alg?

We already have CD Alg 1 & he had alg woven into his Geo this year. I want to move forward from that, albeit slowly -- and only for a few months.

Thanks!

That I don't know. I would think so but I don't know how much, and don't know how soon new things would begin. You can look at the scope and sequence on the author's website. If you went with Advanced Algebra it would be introducing new concepts and would be too much to complete over the summer because it's a complete Algebra 2 course.

I wouldn't call LOF "light". If done as a review of previously covered material, it can be done over the summer.

If you are talking about doing adv. algebra over the summer, you are suggesting covering an entire year of new algebra that your child hasn't done in one summer. I'm not sure this is something you want to attempt.

Is Alg 1 review built into the LOF Advanced Alg?
There are short "Looking Back" half chapters. However, these do not constitute a comprehensive review, but rather more of a memory jog. If you're looking for review and reinforcement, it's best to use LoF: Beginning Algebra. I agree with the previous poster who said that LoF is not light. Edited by nmoira
grammar

I agree with using LOF Beginning Algebra for a review. Then, if it goes quickly, you could start on Advanced Algebra. You can go as quickly or as slowly through Beginning Algebra as you need. PLUS, doing Algebra 1 twice is a great thing to do, IMO.