Menu

Legends and Leagues

I didn't care for it at all. Loved the description, was excited about the idea...

The "storybook" is not a story at all. It's a list of definitions disguised as a story book. And it is bo-o-oring. (More so than the list would have been, to my mind, 'cause this offered the promise of story, but never delivered.)

The background illustrations (which give examples of various sorts of maps) were the best part.

The workbook was cluttered and not particularly clear.

We were much happier with VP's old early elementary geography recommendations, before they published L&L. Mostly Evan-Moor workbooks and a selection of other picture books on geography topics.

I didn't care for it at all. Loved the description, was excited about the idea...

The "storybook" is not a story at all. It's a list of definitions disguised as a story book. And it is bo-o-oring. (More so than the list would have been, to my mind, 'cause this offered the promise of story, but never delivered.)

The background illustrations (which give examples of various sorts of maps) were the best part.

The workbook was cluttered and not particularly clear.

:iagree: It was awful!

We loved it. We had a lot of fun with it and my daughter still uses her Mr. Longitude and Mr. Latitude puppets to trace Geography routes. The recently took a trip from Ur to Canaan. I've heard others say it was boring but I found it much more stimulating than a standard workbook.

Heather