Menu

My tentative plan for first & second...

(beginning in June). I welcome any feedback. Thank you in advance.

Math will take center stage and stretch out longer than a year, I assume. We'll do plenty of car-schooling with audio resources.

Aly, 6, Grade 1:

Bible stories, worship & hymns

Math:

Selections of Saxon 1, Singapore 1, RS games

Spelling & Reading:

SWR, ETC 2, Bob Books, Victory Drill,

Grammar:

FLL & Shurley jingles

Writing:

WWE 1 & cursive copywork

History:

SOTW 1, VP Ancient cards & songs (no crafts!) :001_smile:

Science:

CLP Nature Readers & Lyrical Life Science memory songs

Random:

Spanish (class or dvd program)

Song School Latin (light)

Geography Songs

Poetry memorization

Living Memory

Art?

Soccer & Wii-Fit yoga & sports (rainy NW winter)

Christian Youth Theater class

------------------------

Abi, 7, Second grade:

Bible stories, worship & hymns

Math:

Selections of Horizons 1-2, Singapore 2, RS games, TT 3 (all)

Spelling & Reading:

SWR, Victory Drill

Ambleside Online Year One reading list , WTM & LCC reading suggestions

Grammar:

Shurley 2

Writing:

WWE 2 (all cursive)

Julie Shields 'free' copywork

History:

SOTW 1, VP Ancient cards & songs (no crafts!) :001_smile:

Science:

CLP Nature Readers & Lyrical Life Science memory songs

Random:

Piano

Spanish (class or dvd program)

Song School Latin (light)

Geography Songs

Poetry memorization

Living Memory

Art?

Soccer & Wii-Fit yoga & sports (rainy NW winter)

Christian Youth Theater class

Edited by Beth in SW WA
typo

I can't find *one* math program that has everything that we want. So I'll make my world really complicated (and exciting) and pull from a few different resources -- many of which we already own. My big splurge will be the RS games & abacus.

I regret not doing this with our older dc who are in algebra & geometry. They do well, but it could be better had we started them off on a different course.

I can't find *one* math program that has everything that we want. So I'll make my world really complicated (and exciting) and pull from a few different resources -- many of which we already own. My big splurge will be the RS games & abacus.

I regret not doing this with our older dc who are in algebra & geometry. They do well, but it could be better had we started them off on a different course.

I dream of RS too, I just know I don't have the time...I may try and get in on some games this summer, though with friends. Thanks for replying.

Well, that is way more than we did in first or second, but looks great!

We are enjoying our art book. When I first got it I was underwhelmed and stuck it on the shelf with buyers remorse. I just pulled it out and started doing it. DD is learning from it and enjoying it.

Well, that is way more than we did in first or second, but looks great!

Thank you all for the feedback.

We'll see if these high & lofty goals of mine come to fruition. I'm easy. I like to have a plan, but course adjustments are inevitable.

I'm copying much of what they already know & love from this darling classical school they attended this year. I love all the memory work, hymns, songs & chanting. Mostly, I hope I can encourage the same excitement & passion that they experience at this school. God will help me. :001_smile:

Well Beth, the fact that you don't have a toddler will definitely help. ;)

So true!!

Thank you all for the feedback.

We'll see if these high & lofty goals of mine come to fruition. I'm easy. I like to have a plan, but course adjustments are inevitable.

I'm copying much of what they already know & love from this darling classical school they attended this year. I love all the memory work, hymns, songs & chanting. Mostly, I hope I can encourage the same excitement & passion that they experience at this school. God will help me. :001_smile:

I think that's a great attitude and it will serve you well. I like to have a plan too. I don't mind changing it, but I need something to change. Looks like you all will have a really great year!

Well Beth, the fact that you don't have a toddler will definitely help. ;)

I had a toddler when I began homeschooling 5th & 6th (a few years ago). It was cuh-razy! I don't know how you ladies do it with multiple children at varying ages. I'm in awe.

I have a middler who is very independent -- but I do feel conflicted about meeting needs at both ends of the spectrum. Thankfully we have set up a school room in our basement so we can do our thing and leave big sis upstairs where she can focus without the distraction of rowdies.:001_smile: