Menu

Loosing and gaining? How did I manage this?

I'm pear shaped. Normally, I gain weight easily in my hips and thighs, and rarely gain weight at all in my waist.

A friend a while back told me she thought I had lost some weight, that I looked thinner through the waist and hips to her. I told her I couldn't possibly have, I'd gained a little and my jeans were tighter. Well I've been exercising really hard trying to loose weight, so she asked if I was sure it wasn't muscle. I'm pretty sure it's not, most of what I gained seems to be belly fat- which is strange for me, that's usually the last place I gain weight.

When I was measuring my self for a skirt I was making a couple weeks ago, I realized I had indeed lost 1 inch in my hips.... but I'd gained 4 in my waist. :glare: I got on the scales this morning and discovered I'd lost 7lbs! I thought, maybe I measured wrong, so I measured again. I have indeed lost 7 lbs, 1" in my hips and gained 4" in my waist! :001_huh:

What in the world?

Are you over 40 by any chance? I find my shape changing in my 40s. My waist is thicker- I put on a little weight but mostly it went to my booKs- I wasnt expecting that and it has taken me years to accept my new bra size- I was in denial for a long time :).

Its one of the hardest part about getting older for me- accepting a changed figure, and letting go of the body I had when younger :)