Menu

Any Vitamix users out there?

I really want this blender. Really, really.

The other day my friend came by and brought along a smoothie for me to try. Oh gosh, it was so yummy and SMOOTH! I have a decent (I thought) Cuisinart blender and make green smoothies regularly... but this Vitamix smoothie was something else entirely. And apparently it only took mere seconds to get it that smooth. (Unlike my five minute blending for a passable concoction.) I think this Vitamix experience spoiled me a little.

I'm thinking I could replace my blender and my juicer with a Vitamix. I really only use the juicer to get ingredients for smoothies, so with the Vitamix I could easily blend the apples or carrots right into my drink and be done with it. I certainly like this added advantage of reduced appliances on my counters.

So... does anyone have a Vitamix? Tell me how much you love it and push me over the purchasing edge. :lol

I have used mine *at least* once a day for around 6 years. It dpes everything I need it to do with any issues whatsoever. From smoothies to grinding grain into flour...and any old little job in between.

Ohhhhh... Please tell me more about some of the 'odd little jobs' for which you've used your Vitamix. :bigear:

Nut butters! I could use the Vitamix for that, which would be lovely. And nutmilks, right? Could I make almond milk in a Vitamix, without having to strain it?

I'm going to mentally scour my home for things I can sell to fund this purchase!

I absolutely LOVE my VitaMix! I no longer use my food processor unless I'm shredding veggies like zucchini. I use it all the time to "smush" fruit to make jam. We make smoothies, ice cream, peanut butter, salad dressing. It is awesome and I don't regret spending the big bucks to get it!! Neither will you.

Diane W.

Mmmmmm... Thanks Diane! Now I'm dreaming of yummy, smooth salad dressings. I bet I could make the most amazing balsamic vinegar dressing in a Vitamix! And jam! Yay for jam!

This would also greatly improve the consistency of my raw chocolate pudding. Drool.

Speaking of using a VM as a replacement for a food processor... can you easily blend dry ingredients with it? I make raw chocolate balls with dates, peanut butter and cocoa powder, and I'm wondering if I could use the VM for that. (I do it by hand now.)

Mmmmmm... Thanks Diane! Now I'm dreaming of yummy, smooth salad dressings. I bet I could make the most amazing balsamic vinegar dressing in a Vitamix! And jam! Yay for jam!

This would also greatly improve the consistency of my raw chocolate pudding. Drool.

Speaking of using a VM as a replacement for a food processor... can you easily blend dry ingredients with it? I make raw chocolate balls with dates, peanut butter and cocoa powder, and I'm wondering if I could use the VM for that. (I do it by hand now.)

Not very well on the balls...

That said, I LOVE mine and use it multiple times a day. I do make almond milk in mine. It isn't purely smooth because of the skins, but it does make awesome cashew cream to make ice cream or sour cream with... I don't strain my almond milk even when I drink it straight because I don't see the point usually (unless I am at the very bottom of the jar...

Also, I use it to make almond mayonnaise! Also, non-dairy cheese sauce, salad dressings, green smoothies, blender pancakes with wet sprouted grains, etc.

.....I could replace my blender and my juicer with a Vitamix.

The juicer does things a blender - even the esteemed vitamix - doesn't do.

I juice greens and veggies - sometimes I add the pulp back in but not always. I get a ton of fiber in my diet and don't always want or need the extra fiber - just the maximum antioxidant absorption without the fiber to slow it down.

:)

K

The juicer does things a blender - even the esteemed vitamix - doesn't do.

I juice greens and veggies - sometimes I add the pulp back in but not always. I get a ton of fiber in my diet and don't always want or need the extra fiber - just the maximum antioxidant absorption without the fiber to slow it down.

:)

K

Oh yes, I know this. But I personally never use my juicer for anything other than juicing apples or carrots or beets to then toss into the blender as part of a smoothie, so I can see how a VM would make my juicer completely unnecessary for me. :)