Menu

FYI, Food, Inc. is on PBS' P.O.V. tonight

Joel Salatin is my hero. I raise chickens because of him.

Monsanto=bullies. I'd like to find out more about this.

I will have to do some thinking on what changes I want to make. I've already done a major overhaul here the last few years, but I've got a long way to go...

So I went to the grocery store yesterday and I bought EXPENSIVE, independently-raised eggs. TWO PACKAGES. I kept recalling the chicken farmer talking about the man complaining about a dozen eggs for $3 while holding the 75 cent can of pop.

Then we were invited to Pizza Hut for lunch (it was a very nice birthday party for a good, good friend). I just kept thinking about mass-produced food while we were there. I can't remember the last time we ate restaurant pizza. I felt kind of sad :( because the girls devoured it...said it was so much better than mine :( I know it's because of the high amounts of sugar in the sauce and the fat in the deep-dish dough... I make homemade pizza crust starting on Thursday night for Friday pizza night. They won't touch my homemade sauce...

So I went to the grocery store yesterday and I bought EXPENSIVE, independently-raised eggs. TWO PACKAGES. I kept recalling the chicken farmer talking about the man complaining about a dozen eggs for $3 while holding the 75 cent can of pop.

Then we were invited to Pizza Hut for lunch (it was a very nice birthday party for a good, good friend). I just kept thinking about mass-produced food while we were there. I can't remember the last time we ate restaurant pizza. I felt kind of sad :( because the girls devoured it...said it was so much better than mine :( I know it's because of the high amounts of sugar in the sauce and the fat in the deep-dish dough... I make homemade pizza crust starting on Thursday night for Friday pizza night. They won't touch my homemade sauce...

This is why I haven't yet watched it. I know I will have to question everything I bring home. Yes, I know I'm an ostrich.