Menu

Considering the Mark Kisler Drawing lessons through Homeschool Buyers??

Jules

My older 2 boys have enjoyed this tremendously this year! I started them both at the Mini Marshmallow lessons even though my oldest started at 8. I wanted him to gain a foundation for basic drawing since we had never done anything like this before.

In the Mini Marshmallow lessons I allowed them to jump around and go all out of order. Now that they have both moved to the lessons for older kids he recommends they proceed in order so we are following that. I have my boys do lessons 2 to 3x a week and each session they draw 2 things - and that can be doing the same lesson twice for practice.

Okay I just went to the site to double check the name of the lessons for older kids and it says "license expired". Anyone else having this trouble. I know my subscription isn't up until 2011 so that can't be the problem. Yikes!

Yes, I can't seem to log in either...

We just started the mini-marshmallow lessons in late January and we're still doing those. My son is almost 8 and we both really enjoy them. Looking forward to moving on to the next level :) I highly recommend it, though we haven't looked much at the upper levels yet...

Yes, we use this - I think it is a wonderful value. My boys ask to do an art lesson. We really like that at each step of the video instruction, I can pause with a mouse click. It allows them to draw that portion without feeling hurried. I appreciate that the lessons are short and direct.

The only downside is that I haven't been able to figure out the order of the main lessons.

Yes, I can't seem to log in either...

We just started the mini-marshmallow lessons in late January and we're still doing those. My son is almost 8 and we both really enjoy them. Looking forward to moving on to the next level :) I highly recommend it, though we haven't looked much at the upper levels yet...

My boys were doing lessons yesterday and you're right, I can't log on today.

Hmm... Maybe they are doing site maintenance?

I'm glad it's not just us having problems. I emailed the Mark Kistler people as well as the Homeschool Buyers' Co-op, so hopefully someone will get back with me. I'll pass the info along if it's anything other than simple site maintenance.

Yes, we use this - I think it is a wonderful value. My boys ask to do an art lesson. We really like that at each step of the video instruction, I can pause with a mouse click. It allows them to draw that portion without feeling hurried. I appreciate that the lessons are short and direct.

The only downside is that I haven't been able to figure out the order of the main lessons.

If you are talking about the Online Video Art Academy he recommends you go in order the lessons are presented on the page. So that would be starting with the simple cube followed by the simple sphere and continuing on. He said you don't have to go in that order but he highly recommends it.

we're going to be purchasing this soon as well. I had my ds do all the free lessons and he really enjoyed them so we will continue on with the rest of the program. He likes to pause the video and rewind if need be while he's drawing which is a big plus.