Menu

Question about pricing Right Start for sale...

Heather in VA

I'm going to sell my Right Start Level B stuff and I'm stumped how to price it. I'm usually pretty low on my prices but I don't often sell something that is this pricey in the first place but also I'm concerned about the shipping costs because I can't ship it media mail. Do shipping costs for something like this vary significantly depending on where you ship it? If you've purchased RS used before how has the seller handled the shipping costs?

Heather

Heather,

Will you share when you find out what you'll do/how you'll price it? I'm doing the same thing (selling RS and looking forward to having a :party:) and have wondered. That math balance IS long. Is there a flat rate box big enough I wonder?? I might ask DH to stop at the post office to see. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

:D

I haven't sold RS but I always buy it used. :D I am always happy to pay half price of what it is new (although I've seen some charge a little more than this.) and usually the person says shipping is extra (not included in the stated price). Then 'you' aren't paying crazy shipping prices.

Yes, costs do differ depending on what zone you are shipping to unless you use the flat rate box. Last time I checked flat rate box prices they were as follows:

Small box in $4.95 (fits a VHS tape)

Medium box $10.70

Large box $14.50

When I sold math manipulatives, I was shocked at how expensive shipping was when I couldn't use Media Mail. It was even more $$ because the person buying the item lived across the country. I had to "live and learn" as I didn't make much profit on that sale so you are wise to factor shipping into your price.

Heather, I would go ahead and box the whole thing up and weigh it to find out the shipping price. I don't think there's a flat price box to fit the math balance. You know of course to take the pegs out and dissemble it. At that point you basically need a box long enough to fit the long yellow bar. You'll find one and then the books and manips will lay across. It won't be that bad. I would guess $8 for shipping, but that's just my utter guess. If you price it at a 1/3 off and call that ppd, you're probably going to be about right. Or you could start at 1/2 off (ish) and add up $10 to cover shipping. I doubt anyone would quibble with that.