Menu

Help! New Jersey folks...

I'm trying to find a way to keep myself (and kids) busy in New Jersey for a Sat.

My husband has to be at Meadowlands Sports Complex, East Ruthford New Jersey on May 1st.

I wont have a car, so my choices are go to Bamboozle :glare: (music festival), stay in one of his employees rooms at a hotel :glare:, or get dropped off at some interesting place.

I've been looking online, but I'm not having any luck.

Any suggestions?

The Liberty Science Center is probably your best bet. Another option would be to spend the day in the city.

How old are your kids?

By "in the city" you mean NY right?:blush: We're going there after he's done working.

My girls are 8 and 11

Yes, I do mean NYC. How is that for a NYC centric attitude. I say "the city" and I expect everyone to know what I am talking about.

Your 11 year old may not love the Liberty Science Center as an all day thing. You can poke around their website www.lsc.org and see. There is really not a lot of choices by the Meadowlands.

Yes, I do mean NYC. How is that for a NYC centric attitude. I say "the city" and I expect everyone to know what I am talking about.

Yup! New York, New York, so nice they named it twice, but so special you don't even have to call it by name! :lol:

I don't know which day of the week you are talking, but you'd be pretty close to Midevil Times. You could easily take a cab there and back, if they do afternoon shows the day of week you are talking about.

Even though you are going to the city the next day, it's not like there isn't enough to do on more than one day.

Also the ferry to Statue of Liberty is right by LIberty Science center. You could do that and Ellis island. (but you have to pre order tickets to get inside teh base and they only do a lottery to actually get inside the statue. I don't know exactly how it works now that they've changed it all.)

ooh, wait, you have to be dropped off? What time will you be dropped off, and then picked up?

I think Liberty Science Center is fun for a day. You can see an imax movie there plus the exhibits and lunch in the park.

I wouldn't mind being dropped off at IKEA for the day. ;)

There is a lot to do in Bergen County but it is, unfortunately, very difficult without a car. (even with a car, oh the traffic!)

ooh, wait, you have to be dropped off? What time will you be dropped off, and then picked up?

I think Liberty Science Center is fun for a day. You can see an imax movie there plus the exhibits and lunch in the park.

I wouldn't mind being dropped off at IKEA for the day. ;)

There is a lot to do in Bergen County but it is, unfortunately, very difficult without a car. (even with a car, oh the traffic!)

That's another problem, he's timing it out so he only has to be there when certain bands are playing, and he still doesn't know if that's going to be morning or afternoon.

It looks like IMAX would work because they have a different movie showing every few hours.

Too bad, it would have been fun to check out the area a little more.