Menu

NARHS - citizenship

Something I just found out, from the NARHS handbook..

As a result of the tragic events here in America on

September 11, 2001, NARHS has adopted a new policy concerning

students from outside of the United States.

Students from other countries, whose intentions may be

suspect, have been (and still are) attempting to gain credentials

in United States schools, and therefore legitimize their

appearance and activities here. Therefore, NARHS is

requiring that each student wishing to register here must, at

a minimum, have a verifiable identification and, at a minimum,

be a US citizen.

Therefore, students who are US citizens living in other

countries ARE suitable candidates for admission to

NARHS. Students who are not US citizens, but just want to

have a diploma from an American high school, are NOT

considered suitable candidates for admission to NARHS.

ARGH!!! I so wanted to use them to force me to keep track of credits. This is so annoying!!!

:hurray: Glad to hear the good news!

This is our first year with NARHS. There is a lot of paperwork, but my husband and I wanted to go this route if we were going to home educate our daughter during her high school years.

oh boy, I just saw my next hurdle.. They require portfolios to be in English. Well about half of my kids' work is done in French via a long distance school in France. Hopefully they'll accept that! They don't really have to re-evaluate what's already evaluated, right?

They do seem open to the idea, so I'll keep hoping

We evaluate portfolios done in English. If you do your

work in another language, we recommend you seek high

school credit elsewhere, unless special provisions are

arranged. (We do maintain relationships with schools in

some foreign countries.)

Crossing my fingers!!!!

oh boy, I just saw my next hurdle.. They require portfolios to be in English. Well about half of my kids' work is done in French via a long distance school in France. Hopefully they'll accept that! They don't really have to re-evaluate what's already evaluated, right?

They do seem open to the idea, so I'll keep hoping

Crossing my fingers!!!!

I helped a Chinese student with her English portfolio last year. Her private high school is in the US. Let me know if you want help tweaking their portfolio!

Cheers!

Cheryl

This group has been created for some current or preceding member of NARS B-1 Sea Cadet Squadron Marietta, Georgia. NARS B One Squadron is a 25-plus assemblage licenced unit. The Squadron has had two past National Sea Cadets of the Year. We have former cadets present the United States Naval Academy, U. S. Merchant Marine Academy and Georgia Southern University. We currently have former cadets serving in the Navy, Marines, Army and Army National Guard.

This group has been created for some current or preceding member of NARS B-1 Sea Cadet Squadron Marietta, Georgia. NARS B One Squadron is a 25-plus assemblage licenced unit. The Squadron has had two past National Sea Cadets of the Year. We have former cadets present the United States Naval Academy, U. S. Merchant Marine Academy and Georgia Southern University. We currently have former cadets serving in the Navy, Marines, Army and Army National Guard.

Looks like you're confused. The NARS in question here is North Atlantic Regional School ;)