Menu

MCT Poetry Only

I'm embarrassed to write that we have not done much with poetry. It's been on my mind and is included in CLE LA but I don't get it the way CLE teaches.

Anyway, I will have a 6, 7, 9, 10, 11 & 12 yr. old dc next year. Can I combine my dc and use one book? Can I include my two younger dc? Or would it be best to split the children into two groups?

I would only be using MCT's poetry. Can it be used alone without the rest of the program?

Appreciate your help :)

You can absolutely use it alone. I *would* want to have a good anthology of poetry along side.

I have three of the poetry books on hand. The ones that go with Town, Voyage, and Magic Lens 1. I think the Town level one, "Building Poems" would work well for your age range. It may be over the younger ones' heads in some ways, but I think they could follow along much of the time and still get *something*. And the older ones will get more out of doing the Building Poems level than they would going with the Island level one...

BTW, there's a lot of repetition from one level to the next. You do not need to do all of the poetry books. You won't miss anything by starting with an age-appropriate book rather than going from the beginning.