Menu

TOG Y2 History and Literature - compared with Y1?

I'm using R for my 10th grader. The reading quantity is MUCH higher than in TOG 1. Don't consider doing any of the "supplemental" stuff on the right hand page if your child is overwhelmed with TOG1. We have consistently managed the lit, history, and history-in-depth, but my son is a strong reader. My next child, well, I think I'll be cutting for her. I may not do history-in-depth for her at all.

However, I have seen my son organize his time better and even grab a book to read in stray moments to keep up with the TOG2 material. That's been a plus.

And, don't overlook what being a year older can do for a child.

Pam

I'm using R for my 10th grader. The reading quantity is MUCH higher than in TOG 1. Don't consider doing any of the "supplemental" stuff on the right hand page if your child is overwhelmed with TOG1. We have consistently managed the lit, history, and history-in-depth, but my son is a strong reader. My next child, well, I think I'll be cutting for her. I may not do history-in-depth for her at all.

However, I have seen my son organize his time better and even grab a book to read in stray moments to keep up with the TOG2 material. That's been a plus.

And, don't overlook what being a year older can do for a child.

Pam

Thanks Pam,

This is ds's second year on ancient history (due to curriculum change and coordinating w/siblings) and I think he's really just getting tired of it. He has enjoyed Medieval history in the past, and so I'm hoping the change of time period will help his motivation. He doesn't complain and works fairly diligently, but I think it's just beginning to drag for him, KWIM?

We have focused on primary/in-depth history reading, literature, and Bible/Church, and once in a while throw in/exchange a supplimental reading or pageant of philosophy. I'm guessing we will want to cover a good bit of the govt. study in TOG2.