Menu

Phonics Road - is it fun?

myfatherslily

I love how we start talking about something, hash it out in 30 different threads, get all excited about it, then all order it!:D

So I've been following the PR threads with interest (read that record-breaking 30-page one that actually stayed ON-TOPIC to the end!).

I'm just wondered what the level of FUN is for this one? Now, I'm not choosing curricula based solely on fun. BUT DD is currently using Phonics Pathways, which *I* have been happy with. She is not so pleased. It's boring, she's frustrated (we're taking a break).

I did get the sample video in the mail. DD saw part of it and got really excited about making her own book! She was about to run off and do it right then. She likes things to be interactive - not necessarily with manipulatives, just people-fun. She definitely fits Cathy Duffy's "Sociable Sue" description!

So how would PR suit her, other than the super-awesome illustrated stories?:)

Well. we're just very early on, but dd7 actually ASKS to have me quiz him on phonograms-over and over! So he loves it so far!

I know someone linked some games you can buy to go with it that look really fun. Perhaps they'll chime in and link you.

Also your dd would probably like the songs.

Well. we're just very early on, but dd7 actually ASKS to have me quiz him on phonograms-over and over! So he loves it so far!

I know someone linked some games you can buy to go with it that look really fun. Perhaps they'll chime in and link you.

Also your dd would probably like the songs.