Menu

Supplementing MUS

Hedgehogs4

We have been using MUS successfully from Primer to Gamma and are about to start Delta next week. I am a stickler for mastery, and so far, we are accomplishing that. However, I was looking over some of SM's placement tests, and realized that their word problems are worded much differently, and appear to be much more challenging than MUS's.

I want him to be FLUENT in math. Would you recommend supplementing MUS with something else? If so, what? How would I go about doing this without buying a whole other curriculum?

tia,

I've been supplementing with Singapore but am looking into Math Mammoth for next year. They sell stand-alone modules on specific subjects that would make it easy to supplement (in addition to carrying full curricula packages).

I just picked up some modules from Math Mammoth. They look like they're going to be a nice complement to MUS.

Singapore makes (so long as Sonlight isn't sold out of them that is) some supplemental books one is Intensive Practice which is just that INTENSIVE, Challenging Word Problems - which is actually a good blend, and the Extra Practice books. Like I said if you don't find them on Singaporemath.com try Sonlight.

JoAnne