Menu

Life of Fred users, final exam and where to go next?

I have a student who is about to finish Geometry. I'm considering giving her a final exam. Any ideas on where to find one? Do others give their students traditional finals?

Also, we'll have about 8 weeks left in her school year when she finishes. Can someone recommend a good SAT math prep for her to work on for these last few weeks? Other ideas?

She's in 8th grade.

Thanks!

We didn't do a final exam for LoF Geometry in written form, but I did an oral one with no proofs for my sake (and graded it.) I used the review at the back and had dd give definitions, etc. We're not at SAT review time yet, but I'm thinking about getting the Princeton one. I'll see what people recommend here.

Here's a pdf link to a set of math review sheet for students who wish to pass out of a high school equivalent Geometry class in order to take higher level math classes at a community college. Answers are provided.

You might also try Googling Geometry final to see what pops up.

Regards,

Kareni

Sorry, it took me a bit to get back to this. Kareni's suggested link looked good. My other two possibles are:

http://faculty.pingry.k12.nj.us/tjaqua/Geometry%2010th/Final/Extra%20Exam%20Review%20Sheets.pdf

and

www.staff.bourbon.kyschools.us/wp/.../2009-geometry-review.doc

Both have answer keys, just need to look a bit more closely at them. I'm sure I'll do a bit of tweaking to either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm writing my own. I'll have a section on terms - taking definitions etc from the Appendix in the back and then I'll have a variety of problems - some from each chapter. We didn't do the 1/2 chapters so I will probably pull a couple from there that she might be able to deduce and use those as bonus questions.

Heather