Menu

How do you do it ???

I see books for sale all the time on here. How do you do it ??? :D

I am addicted. I have most of the curriculum and books I used for my older children. I am constantly collecting for these little ones. There is so much out there that is new and exciting !! I can't bear to part with anything, we might want to read it again LOL.

My dh is building bookshelves like crazy. :lol:

You mean how do we let go of what we so love? lol

IDK others, but I glean the best and bless with the rest.

When the clutter gets overwhelming and I realize I'd rather have that nice clean space than that wonderful book, I let it go--knowing it's available at the library, and that the memory is really what I cherish, and I'm not selling that.

My dh is a huge pack rat, he comes from a long line of them (his mom and her sister had to dispose of 13 tons of tires when their dad died and that was just the tip of the iceberg)

I used to be like that but when you move as often as we have over the past 12 years you learn to just let it go because otherwise it means having to unpack it only to have it be packed up again in 18 months to unpack again and then the cycle starts all over.

Just today I took a minivan full of what I would call "carp" but most would think is great stuff to the goodwill drop off. My kids did an awesome job weeding out old games they don't play and old toys they don't use anymore. Even my little guy was willing to part with half of his matchbox cars because we just have no where left to put them.

I'm starting to get to a point where if I haven't used it in 6months to a year Out it goes.

I find it easier to get rid of items when I no longer have someone to grow into it. There are a few product lines that I have (Vertias history etc) that take up a lot of room, and that I really don't think I will use again. I know that if I sell 100 items, and decide to repurchase 2 or 3 later, I am still ahead and don't have to store it all in the process! We have a homeschool store in my town so I can usually look at a hard copy of most programs in the future if I decide to.

I have had a Huge homeschool library for years now and love having everything at my fingertips. I loan out a lot to people who would like to try something before they buy it. For friends who don't have a lot of money, I will loan products out for the year. I feel like I have been able to really utilize my stash and can justify it for the most part.

We do not plan to homeschool dd3. She really loves a classroom environment and talks about her school friends all the time. (She is in daycare/preschool while I am at work). We have some good options for her so I plan to use them. If I do decide to hs her, I am sure there will be new materials out by then, and I won't be using most of what I have for her anyways, so why keep it for 8 years beyond its usefulness? I am keeping all the literature, reading and logic workbooks.