Menu

CoffeeBreak Spanish...Anyone????????

So, you can download all the audio lessons...Is that all 80?

I thought this may be fun to listen to this as we eat lunch each day...

all my kiddos...& my older ones will need program for credit.....

What do you think?

It is high school friendly, even middle school friendly. The male teacher is teaching a young, sweet college girl. There is a little talk about drinking, but not drunkenness (at least not that I recall). He teases her about a Spanish boyfriend, but she won't talk about it. (Her Spanish does suddenly improve dramatically, though!)

Oh, and the teacher and the student are both Scottish. Their Spanish accents are fine, and their Scottish accents are awesome.

It's Spain Spanish, which I actually prefer for early level Spanish. I think the verb tables make more sense, especially if they've had some Latin.

So, the content concerning the drinking...???? & her boyfriend....

Was it a few little comments here & there???

Or a larger discussion?

Just curious...I would like to know what topics may come up.

Will it be ok for younger folks?

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old thread, but I just saw it, and I wanted to bring it back up.

We (12YO ds and I) have listened to Coffee Break Spanish all year, and we love it. There is nothing inappropriate. There's one time that they check into a hotel together (on a real road trip), and the conversation makes it very clear that Mark is in one room and Kara (the student) and her mother are in another! In the Christmas episode, they have content that refers to Jesus Christ as the Son of God (in keeping with the religious traditions of Spain).

This is a very sweet, free, long program. (There are far more than 80 lessons, as previously mentioned in this thread. When you finish Coffee Break Spanish, you move on to Show Time Spanish -- many more episodes.

The audio and the technique are excellent. It's probably not enough to be your total exposure to Spanish, but it's an excellent, audio-rich enrichment, which is exactly what I need. I feel it boosted my ability to lead my son's Spanish instruction tremendously.

There are a lot of plugs in the program for their paid content. If you know how to edit audio files, you can edit all this out. (That's what I do.)

Anyway, I give this program a thumbs up!

Edited by Cindyg

When you finish Coffee Break Spanish, you move on to Show Time Spanish -- many more episodes.

Thanks for mentioning the Show Time Spanish - could you help me figure out how to access it? No matter how much I click around, I can only find the last three episodes (38-40) - isn't there some way to see them in order from first to last?

Aha!!

I checked back and found all the way back to the first episodes of Show Time Spanish, and they also now have Coffee Break Spanish Step-by-Step, which makes it easier to go through. Their site must've been under some kind of construction or shuffling when I looked before.

I listened to the first episode of Show Time, and it sounds like it will make a fantastic supplement for my kids starting Spanish II. I think I'll use Coffee Break with my younger group.