Menu

Well, I bit the bullet and bought PHONICS ROAD 1!!

HappyGrace

:party: :party: :party:

A HUGE thank you to everyone who patiently answered so many questions, both on my threads and other threads previously! This was a really hard program to wrap your head around, with virtually no samples and the meager website. I could not have figured out if it was right for us if you had not been so kind as to answer questions!

I'm hopeful that it will be a good fit for the goals that I have for ds, and that it will streamline LA for us!

Guest aquiverfull

:party: YAY!! I hope it works out perfectly for you! :)

I can't wait to hear more of what you think about it, when you get it in your hands. Keep us updated. :D

I'm very jealous. I'm going to wait until the summer, since DD's only K right now anyway and is actually doing pretty well with reading and phonics as far as I can tell (even though she says she hates it :glare:). I can't wait to get my hands on it, though!

I'm glad I found your thread. I tried PR for my 5 year old and it just wasn't practical for teaching reading. He couldn't get past "her girls hurry to work early" - there was just no way for him to memorize these phonemes in the abstract - before he's even reading any words!

Then looking at some of the reviews... everyone who loves it has older children. I'm going to have to look back over your discussions to see when we should pick it up again. I love the concepts and rules, etc.

Thanks.

I'm glad I found your thread. I tried PR for my 5 year old and it just wasn't practical for teaching reading. He couldn't get past "her girls hurry to work early" - there was just no way for him to memorize these phonemes in the abstract - before he's even reading any words!

Then looking at some of the reviews... everyone who loves it has older children. I'm going to have to look back over your discussions to see when we should pick it up again. I love the concepts and rules, etc.

Thanks.

I completely agree with this. The more I use it the more I can't imagine using it to teach someone to read. Of course I feel that way about SWR and AAS too. My dd is reading and can spell some. Now she's learning why the words are the way they are. Seems like the natural progression to me.

Heather