Menu

Lesson Planner

I personally use the free one-page weekly lesson planner from Donna Young. It works very well for us!

I like that I can plan for 6 weeks at a time. If we change something (often!!!) I just adjust the plan the next week. I usually just write what subject and the book/pages we are working on. Sometimes I add the title of the "chapter," sometimes not.

Here is her site: http://donnayoung.org/forms/planners/planner.htm

I don't know if I am answering your question or not...PM me with your email if you would like to see what we are working on now!

For those of you who do your own lesson plans, what kind of planner do you use? What do you put in the planner? If you have pictures of your planner can you post them?

I have spent a lot of money on diferent planners over the years. Nowadays, if I use one at all, its always home made- using Word. I am now using the workbox system and I am finding that I dont need a planner for it. I did my planning at the beginning of our year, and I just know what we are doing.

I use an Excel Spreadsheet and list out all of the weeks across the top for the year and then numerous rows for the boy's subjects. It took about a week to plan during the summer, but has been fabulous all year. I have HST, but have never been able to figure it out!

I usually make my own worksheets since nothing I have found pre-made works for me. I keep everything organized in a 3 ring binder.

This is what I am considering. I have looked at Donna Young's forms and have used one or two in the past. I currently use a planner from Teacher Created Resources and it is OK, but if we get behind in one subject then it is screwy and I can't change things.

I am thinking of making my own planner pages and doing them by subject. I also need more than just a little small box to write in because we aren't strictly following textbooks where I can just write the page number or lesson number. I need space to write which book we will be reading or what map we will do etc. I want to have the worksheets and maps etc all in one place. So, I think if I do a binder and organize by subject I can keep the materials in each section. I might need more than one 3 inch binder though.

Robyn, how do you organize your binder and what do you put in it?

Robyn, how do you organize your binder and what do you put in it?

When I open my binder, the first thing I see is my school year calendar - all 12 months on one page.

Next are my actual lesson plans with 1 subject per page. I don't keep my worksheets/maps, etc in with my lesson plans (just personal preference) but use file folders instead. I have file folders for each child that their work goes in for the week. I also have one for our family classes.

I also have sections for :

Blank forms (various planner pages I found online or made myself)

Course of study (what curriculum/books I plan on using either set up by subject or for each child)

Personal Reading Lists

PE/Health - includes track and field day activity ideas, exercise drills, etc.

I will share my planner pages if you would like to see them. :)