Menu

Liping Ma Fans: can you tell me your other fave books in the same vein?

Halcyon

I am looking at Amazon now, and a few books that are 'recommended' to viewers of Liping Ma's book include:

Math Matters

About Teaching Mathematics by Marilyn Burns

Elementary Mathematics for Teachers (recommended by Singapore)

I would like to explore elementary mathematics more, and would love recommendations along the lines of Ma's book. Thanks!

Edited by Halcyon

I am looking at Amazon now, and a few books that are 'recommended' to viewers of Liping Ma's book include:

Math Matters

About Teaching Mathematics by Marilyn Burns

Elementary Mathematics for Teachers (recommended by Singapore)

I would like to explore elementary mathematics more, and would love recommendations along the lines of Ma's book. Thanks!

I have the Elementary Mathematics for Teachers, and it is actually used as a college level text to instruct math teachers. It does expect you to have all the Primary math texts and if I remember right assigns problems out of them. Here is a yahoo group where you might find more info.

It looks good, just intense.

Heather

I have the Elementary Mathematics for Teachers, and it is actually used as a college level text to instruct math teachers. It does expect you to have all the Primary math texts and if I remember right assigns problems out of them. Here is a yahoo group where you might find more info.

Actually, only certain of years 3-6 (sometimes only A or B). But it would make more sense if you had both semesters of them, at least for those years.