Menu

OPG Lesson Idea

ladydusk

So my little guy has been doing OPG and just moved into the two consonant blends section. He often seems to think the sentence reading sections are too long, so for today I made a little book for him. I wrote the story sentences (about a red bug) at the bottom of several sheets of paper, folded the papers in half and stapled them together.

N-boy loved reading the sentence then drawing a picture to go with it. It was the most cheerful phonics lesson we've had in a while :)

Just an idea ...

That's a great idea. It made me think that I could write the story at the bottom of 1 or 2 pages then DD could illustrate the story.

I just started OPG this week (started at about lesson 50) and so far we've been using the white board markers and letter tiles for the words. DD likes things written on the white board or a separate piece of paper. I know this is why she would not even look at 100 Easy Lessons.

I do have to say that I LOVE OPG so far. I don't know why, but somewhere I go the impression that it was similar to 100 Easy Lessons so I had not looked it until recently

That's a great idea. It made me think that I could write the story at the bottom of 1 or 2 pages then DD could illustrate the story.

I just started OPG this week (started at about lesson 50) and so far we've been using the white board markers and letter tiles for the words. DD likes things written on the white board or a separate piece of paper. I know this is why she would not even look at 100 Easy Lessons.

I do have to say that I LOVE OPG so far. I don't know why, but somewhere I go the impression that it was similar to 100 Easy Lessons so I had not looked it until recently

Did you buy the OPG letter tiles? Do they have words to make sentences with, or only letters?

Did you buy the OPG letter tiles? Do they have words to make sentences with, or only letters?

These are letter tiles from Phonics Works (DD is enrolled in a K12 charter and this is the phonics program they use). I think the phonics works is a good curriculum but it is about 100x more complicated than OPG.