Menu

WTM History Logic Stage Question

I have the newest edition of TWTM and notice that from 6th grade on there are no lists of Great Men and Women or recommended biographies. Was this published in prior editions? I know I can use the grammar stage list, but does anyone have a list of logic stage biographies that they would recommendation?

What is SWB thinking, taking away my security blanket? Does she realize I can't function without her help? LOL

I think you should go find an earlier edition of WTM and read it yourself.

OH My. I am SO Kidding! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

(This is because of the other thread I posted...):lol::lol:

:lol: I thought about that post before I wrote this.

I have the newest edition of TWTM and notice that from 6th grade on there are no lists of Great Men and Women or recommended biographies. Was this published in prior editions? I know I can use the grammar stage list, but does anyone have a list of logic stage biographies that they would recommendation?

What is SWB thinking, taking away my security blanket? Does she realize I can't function without her help? LOL

Can someone just peek in their older edition and see if it is there. I don't mind picking up an older copy. I just want to start planning for next year.:001_smile:

I have the second edition and the "List of Great Men and Women" is definitely there, starting on page 303, just after "Time-Line Resources." It's in the back of the history section, after the lists of basic resources. Does this help?

They are in the most recent edition for 6th grade (pp 313-314). It looks like she replaced the great men and women with "Topics to Explore" for 7th and 8th.

They are in the most recent edition for 6th grade (pp 313-314). It looks like she replaced the great men and women with "Topics to Explore" for 7th and 8th.

:blushing: Thanks! I don't know how I missed this. I have flipped through this section more than a dozen times looking.

We are behind on the four year rotation so I am trying to find age appropriate books. We will be doing Modern next year and I'm trying to balance challenge with maturity. I can't picture him tackling many of the 8th grade Modern suggested readings, but most of the 4th grade books he has already read.

I have the year 4 activity guide for SOTW, so maybe I pull that out and look there for additional suggestions