Menu

Bibles for kids, what do you recommend?

Prairie~Phlox

We just bought the same one referenced above for our dd(5) this week (the NIrV Adventure Bible), so she's had it just a few days. It's the same as other NIVs, except the words are much more her level. What joy and pride she's already exhibiting in having her *own* Bible that she can actually READ for herself! She needs help with some of the names, of course, but even though only halfway through kindergarten, she's able to manage reading most of it independently.

I recommend it highly!

I prefer a straight NIV Bible, but for kids, is there such a think? I Haven't really looked very hard yet, but feel it's time.

Here is the one we use - it is the regular NIV (not the NIrV for younger kids) and it works great for my son. We first got a hardback for him in 2nd grade, but the binding broke, so we got the same version but with a cover similar to this one & it is much more durable.

:001_smile:I'm so happy this was asked! I was thinking to myself...we have tons of family story bibles, bible on dvd and such but I really wasn't finding a bible more for my kids level and the ones linked above are so wonderful that I'm purchasing one for our classroom!