Menu

TOG Y1 book question

Heather in OK

I would start with the core history books. Are you going to read aloud to upper grammar? You could buy either upper grammar or lower and then combine for read alouds instead of buying both. I would get the in-depth history books from the library - you won't feel bad if you run out of time and I would rather spend my $ on the lit books. Then I guess it just depends how much $ you have left. Start with the lit books that get used for the most weeks and that are for the olders first, then shop for lower grammar. I would buy only one level of art/activity book for them to all share. This is making me want to buy books. I think I have a sickness - LOL.

So what would you classify as "core" and "in-depth" history? **NEVERMIND!! I hadn't made it to the FAQ page before I asked that question. ;) **

I don't mind buying the books and spreading out the purchases won't be a problem. I just thought if there are books they reference quite a bit and have more reading assignments, I'd just buy those. Others that are thrown in as quicker reading assignments (we can have books for 4 weeks and if it's not needed by someone else my librarian will renew it for longer) we can just get from the library.

Edited by Heather in OK

Not sure if you are but have you considered just doing one unit at a time? Especially for a new user.

This will allow your children some time at the level you think they should be before investing too heavily financially.

Just a thought.

Also, spiritually, don't skimp on the feast stuff. It seemed less important to me at the time and I'm sorry I didn't spend more time on it while it as hitorically staged in their minds. Libraries usually don't have those type books.

What the Bible is all About for Young Explorers is used throughout the year. I second what other posters have said, too: Don't get all the art/activity books. We are mainly using the lower grammar and the dialectic crafty books. The spiritual books are worth getting. I use some of them for church purposes.