Menu

What to use after Wordsmith?

dancer67

Would it be better to use Jump In, or Jensens Format Writing? I just do not want to repeat what we already learned in Wordsmith.

DD will be in 6th, but is advanced in writing, and also loves, loves, to write.

Not interested in Writing Strands, IEW, or Classical Writing.

She just needs help "cleaning it up".

We are also planning on using LLATL Grade 7.

We have Jensen's and it is totally different as it's expository writing vs Wordsmith's focus on creative writing. Jensen's has some excellent features, but to quote another poster, it's "as dry as dust." My dd did not do well with WriteShop, which is an entirely different program.

Is the book that comes after Wordsmith totally repetitive? I was hoping to use that next year (it's for grades 10-12) because this is the first time dd is doing any type of writing program willingly. Other than writing stories or in her private diary on her own, she has generally vehemently opposed to writing assignments and courses, so each written assignment has been a battle. This semester, though, she's been doing short assignments for history with reduced complaining.

All of that said, my younger two are doing Wordsmith Apprentice as well as a class with a friend of mine, and I'm going to see if we can get WriteShop going with them next year.