Menu

CLE LA-how long does it take you?

happyWImom

I'm doing CLE 1 Reading and LA. The LA is only 2 pages so, it doesn't take long at all. You don't start LA until you are in LTR LU 105. It works on spelling, handwriting and reinforcing the phonics you are learning in LTR. It does not have any grammar. Grammar must start in grade 2.

We are using CLE LA grade 2. It's about four pages or more per lesson.

It takes my son (oldest) about 45 minutes to do the LA because I have to read it to him, look over his shoulder all the time, etc. It does encourage independent work though. We just haven't mastered that yet. :glare:

I like it because it has creative writing as well.

We have to study spelling words a little more than what the lightunits work through.

We are currently using CLE LA 3. I set the timer for 45 minutes when we begin, and we are usually done with 5-10 minutes left on a normal day. However, some days there are writing assignments: a paragraph, a friendly letter, a thank you note, etc. On these days I know that the lesson will likely run long.

It takes us abourt 35 minutes per lesson - more or less depending on how much attention each child is actually giving to their work. ;) we're 3/4 through CLE LA 100, and half through the 500 & 600 levels. Math takes about the same. We're 90% finished with math 100, half done with 500 and about 30% finished with 600.

I agree that 2nd grade LA is longer. It takes about 30 minutes to do if my daughter is fully focused. However, I've learned that it works better for us to do handwriting at a different point during the day. Then she can get the rest done in about 20 minutes, it's less overwhelming, and her handwriting is better!

I agree that 2nd grade LA is longer. It takes about 30 minutes to do if my daughter is fully focused. However, I've learned that it works better for us to do handwriting at a different point during the day. Then she can get the rest done in about 20 minutes, it's less overwhelming, and her handwriting is better!

That's a good idea....do handwriting at another time.... :D