Menu

Gotta brag about hubby's Valentine tradition

A few years ago my dh planned a special dinner for his girls - which includes myself, our 10 yo dd and my dear elderly mother who lives with us. Dh blessed us so much that first year that it has become a tradition for us every Valentine's Day. He plans the entire meal and it is always a surprise. We all get kicked out of the kitchen for hours and aren't allowed to peak. Every year it is different, and every year we feel so special and loved.

Today we had lunch after church instead of the usual candlelit dinner, but it was so nice. He set the table beautifully with china and fresh flowers. He prepared delicious steaks, roasted potatoes with salad and steamed veggies, and he served a special dessert with fresh strawberries and chocolate in heart shaped ramekins.

It's been a long winter and dh is out of work due to a company layoff, so this was good for all of us. He splurged just a little on us because we got our tax refund this week -- but it was so wonderful! As much joy as he gives us, I think dh is full of joy from doing it.

I just had to share about our Valentine's Day, and hope that you all had special surprises and cherished moments with your loved ones too.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Yes, I love it that he includes our daughter and my mom. We all feel so special! My mother is a widow and would otherwise feel lonely and left out on Valentine's Day. Dh and I go on dates pretty regularly, so we really don't need Valentine's Day to be an occassion just for us.

Blessings,

Lucinda