Menu

Classical Conversations....cost?

delaney

Foundations (morning program gr K-6)

registration is $50

supplies are $50

tuition is $312

some places have facility fees of $25-35

Essentials (afternoon program for gr 4-6)

Registration is $50

supplies are $20

tuition is $312

may or may not have to pay a second facility fee - depends on the community

HTH -

Yes, I guess I also pay more for dance and sports classes. Around here the fee is about $15 for a 45 minute to 1 hour long sports class. Classical Conversations is for 24 weeks a year, right? So that would come out to about $18 for each session, which is over a couple of hours long. I'm considering Foundations for next year or the year after that but I still need to do more research - attend a meeting, see it in action, etc.

I really want to start my children on music lessons, but that fee is over $30 for each lesson, not including instrument rental.

Don't forget material costs....

the Foundation's Guide and the Veritas Press History Cards are required for Foundations. There are several other suggested resources - cds or online membership to CC's online community and flashcards, etc.

We've never done Essentials, but I think you would need EEL from CC and whatever IEW writing themebook they are covering for the year.

My CC friends are priceless, but imo, the long term benefits of music lessons vs. fact memorization are incomparable. If I were forced to choose I would pay for music lessons, read fantastic books at home, have children narrate, back, create notebook pages, etc. and enjoy it! If it's important to you, incorporate some memory in each subject you do (FLL has great lists for English grammar memory, you'll cover math facts in your math curricula, etc.)

If CC is affordable for your family and a good fit in your week, then go for it, but if you find yourself with other priorities, just remember there is more than one way to skin a cat. :001_smile:

Also - if your child is older (7th grade+) - the Challenge program has a tuition of over $1000 itself.

I LOVE the sound of the program - but my schedule is probably going to say 'no' because the 2 closest ones to me are on Fridays and that's just a tough day for us.