Menu

LLATL Blue

1shortmomto4

Does anyone know the order of sounds/blends they present in the Blue level for phonics? I see that they teach the beginning and ending sounds but what comes after that. They don't list out on the scope and sequence what sounds are actually taught at that level. I'm trying to find something that has more instruction for my ds and a little bit of hands-on and the literature activities would be an added bonus. We are using ETC online which he is doing well with but there is no instruction - i.e., we moved into Book 2 and they have jumped from cvc words to beginning blends like fr, cr, gl and he is lost. I know there is a TM for the ETC but I know I need something more than that. I wonder, too, if OPGTR would be an option to use alongside ETC. They teach a little out of a different order but not that much. Hmmmmm... Thoughts

Are you meaning like this. Okay in the first part they learn "a" as in cat, rat, ran, etc. Also they use the letters "c, t, r, n" . With 2 site words a, to. Then you move onto after a few lessons "o" as in bog, fog, etc. Each time they add a few more constants with each vowel. By the time you finish part 2 and hit the assessment which is where we are you are using vowels "a, o, i " constants r, s, t, n, m, b, d, g, h, f, c, l, p.