Menu

Scary moment at church today

We attend a fairly small church and know, at least by sight, those who regularly attend. Today after service, I couldn't find my 7 yr old. We had tons of visitors today, and you don't want to think the worst of people...but I couldn't find my child. We searched several times in all the places he *should* have been. By that time, I was in tears, asking people to help me find my child.

Turns out that a new class had been started for his age group, and he was in his new room waiting for us! (Nowhere near his old class.) Of course, I felt ridiculous...but oh so thankful that my child was safe.

:001_unsure:

We attend a fairly small church and know, at least by sight, those who regularly attend. Today after service, I couldn't find my 7 yr old. We had tons of visitors today, and you don't want to think the worst of people...but I couldn't find my child. We searched several times in all the places he *should* have been. By that time, I was in tears, asking people to help me find my child.

Turns out that a new class had been started for his age group, and he was in his new room waiting for us! (Nowhere near his old class.) Of course, I felt ridiculous...but oh so thankful that my child was safe.

:001_unsure:

I wouldn't feel foolish at all - that's SCARY!!! :eek:

My dd is 11yo, and deeply desires more independence. I dropped her off to her first seminar, and agreed that she would go to her second seminar herself. I would just check quietly to make sure she made it there.

She didn't make it there. She wasn't in her first classroom, and I did not see her in the seminar room for the third seminar.

After searching for a while, I became totally panicked. My dd is very responsible--it is not like her at all to not be where she is supposed to be. I called security and I called a friend who was also at the conference and we embarked on a full-scale child-hunt.

My friend found her in a classroom. Dd's first class dismissed early and she went straight to her second class, which still had a first hour class meeting. She sat in on 15 minutes of that class and thought she had done the entire second hour, so then found her way to her third hour class. She had stopped to chat with a friend briefly, and she had gotten a little lost in the large conference center, which is why I didn't see her when I looked in on her third hour class. We had just missed each other.

I felt really stupid having called security. However, if someone had snatched her and pulled her into one of the hotel rooms, time would have been totally essential. I had searched the buildings myself and couldn't find her. Both security and my friend told me not to feel stupid--they would rather "waste" time on a child-hunt only to find all is well than NOT hunt when there is a possibility that something went wrong. Everyone was kind about it, though I continue to feel stupid.

THis happened to us!

My dh was watching our kids on the playground (and NO ONE is more careful attentive/eagle eye than my dh!!!)

Well I came out and I saw my dh leave and go inside. A few minutes later, my dh, looking ever so slightly alarmed, said, "Christopher is missing. We need to find him."

I immediatley freaked out because my dh would never say that until he had done a thorough search first, and because my dh is a very good searcher. He then began to spread the word.

We also had a lot of visitors that day. This was a big factor in how I felt.

Then I ran inside telling people and it was so depressing. Everyone just sat there. Only a few joined us in searching. I even explained to them that my dh thought it was time for everyone to start helping (thinking they would give more weight when they knew that since my dh is not one for alarm)

By this time I was losing my mind, and then I decided to check the WOMEN's bathroom, and there he was pooping away. Turns out that was the ONE place my dh didn't think to look!!!

It was awful.

:grouphug: