Menu

songs for learning Books of NT

3Rivers

http://ldsscripturerock.com/downloads/downloads.html I have to say... this is the best I've ever heard!!

Now, I'm not LDS, but I LOVE his music... and I just loaded the songs I like. The YouTube above is kinda how the whole things sounds...

Their Old Testament and New Testament... is just straight from the Bible (KJV) and I just take out any LDS scriptures they include. Really... it was very easy to do.

So.. no worries about translations:-) Very good:-)

:-)

http://ldsscripturerock.com/downloads/downloads.html I have to say... this is the best I've ever heard!!

Now, I'm not LDS, but I LOVE his music... and I just loaded the songs I like. The YouTube above is kinda how the whole things sounds...

Their Old Testament and New Testament... is just straight from the Bible (KJV) and I just take out any LDS scriptures they include. Really... it was very easy to do.

So.. no worries about translations:-) Very good:-)

I couldn't find the Bible Verse song, but loved the Ten Commandment song. We're memorizing this in Classical Conversations this year. This song will be very helpful!

I couldn't find the Bible Verse song, but loved the Ten Commandment song. We're memorizing this in Classical Conversations this year. This song will be very helpful!

http://lds.about.com/od/seminary/a/scripture_songs_4.htm

http://lds.about.com/od/seminary/a/scripture_songs_5.htm

Ok... so you know... I really love this... great music... and such. And.. the disclaimer that I don't put the LDS scripture on my cds...

PS... they have normal~fast and ~faster I think?? and then the music with no words.. so you can see if you know it... One of the addresses is for the New Testament...one for the Old:-)

Edited by NayfiesMama
The Hebrews medley is great, too... well.. lots of other great music!!

I learned the Books of the Bible song in kindergarten and I STILL use it to look books up to this day (learned it 30+ years ago). It doesn't reference books that have 1st or 2nd, but that is easy to learn once you know all the main names.

I don't know where it came from but The Old Testament is sung to the tune "This Old Man" and the New Testament is sung to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".

First verse of OT (notes written between words to give you an idea hope it's not confusing):

This old man He played one

G E G G E G

Gen-e-sis Ex-o-dus

He played knick knack on my thumb

A G F E D E F

Levit-i-cus and Num-bers too,

With a knick knack paddy wack

E F G C C C C

Du-ter-ono- my, Josh-u-a,

give the dog a bone, this old

C D E F G G D

Jud-ges a-and Ruth, Sa-muel,

man came rolling home

D F E D C

Kings and Chron-i-cles.

NT

Twin-kle__Twin-kle_lit- tle__star,

Mat-thew, Mark,___Luke and John,

HowI won-der what you are?

Acts, Ro-mans, Cor-in-thians.

Up_above_the world___so_high

Ga-latians, E-phesians, Phi-lippians,

Like_a_____dia- mond_ in the sky

Co-lossians, Thess-a-___lo-ni-ans.

Twin-kle -Twin-kle_lit-tle star

Tim-othy, Ti-tus,__Phi-le-mon,

How I___won-__der what you are

He-brews, James, Pe-_ter__and John.

Twin-kle _Twin-_kle__lit-_tle _star

Just two more books to be sung,

how__I__won-der _what you are?

Jude and_Re-_ve-___la- _a-_tion.

Cindy

You may have enough ideas, but we have the Wee Sing Bible songs CD (about $9) and have found the NT & OT songs really good (easy to learn); I bought a poster at the educational store w/ the books of both posted on our school room wall, and we sing along and follow along (my dd memorized both NT & OT within a week with this).

My kids love, love, love this CD (amongst of a few others of Jamie's). My 4yo and 6yo know the books of the Bible from this song. It repeats the New Testament twice.

Listen to a sample here.

Books of the Bible

© Jamie Soles 1995

Download song sample

Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus and Numbers

Deut-Deut-Deuteronomy

Joshua Judges Ruth

First and Second Samuel, First and Second Kings

First and Second Chronicles

And Ezra wrote these things

Nehemiah, Esther, Job

Psalms and Proverbs

Ecclesiasties and Song of Solomon

Isaiah, Jeremiah

Lamentations and Ezekiel

Daniel, Hosea

Joel, Amos, Obadiah

Jonah, Micah, Nahum

Habakkuk and Zephaniah

Haggai, Zachariah and Malachi is the end

Matthew, Mark, and Luke and John

Acts is next, we've just begun

Romans is a book for you

First and Second Corinthians too

Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians

Thessalonians One and Two

Then two Timothys and a Titus too

Philemon, Hebrews

Then there's James, God's Word to you

Peter twice, and three of John

Jude is next, we're almost done

Revelation ends the song

1) Let's go back and see if we got any wrong!

2) Now we know that we didn't get anything wrong!

http://lds.about.com/od/seminary/a/scripture_songs_4.htm

http://lds.about.com/od/seminary/a/scripture_songs_5.htm

Ok... so you know... I really love this... great music... and such. And.. the disclaimer that I don't put the LDS scripture on my cds...

PS... they have normal~fast and ~faster I think?? and then the music with no words.. so you can see if you know it... One of the addresses is for the New Testament...one for the Old:-)

You might enjoy these versions from the church web site too. There are recordings you can download with and without the words (these versions have kids singing for these two songs), and there's an interactive version where you can change the key and the tempo, and change the volume of the melody and accompaniment (which helps if your kids have a hard time picking out the melody from the accompaniment, you can just fade out the accompaniment and hear just the melody). It also lets you print out sheet music in whatever key you prefer. There are lots of other good songs for kids as well as hymns there that you can do the same thing with too, the majority of which (I think) are not specifically LDS, though some certainly are.

Books of the Old Testament

Books of the New Testament

Edited by MamaSheep

Thank You SOOOO much!!

They really are beautiful.

I'm glad you like them. :) The NT one makes me giggle a little because it's set to the tune of a Scottish folk song, and we have a CD of drum and bagpipe music that ds likes to listen to that has that tune on it too. Everytime it starts playing, my mind automatically kicks in with "Matthew, Mark, Lu-uke, John, The Acts, a-and Romans, First a-and Se-cond Cor-i-in-thi-ians" to a very martial beat. Makes me want to march. And of course the converse is true, and when I hear it played as the NT song for the kids at church, my brain kicks in with bagpipes in the background. Fun stuff. And I still use the tunes myself to locate scriptures I'm looking for.

This has nothing to do with memorizing Bible books, but I love this newish one that the kids all learned last year: If The Savior Stood Beside Me

Edited by MamaSheep