Menu

I'm looking for a LA curriculum for my 1st/2nd grader...

saraintx

I would really love suggestions for a secular program that has teacher/home instructor guides available. Right now we only have math & handwriting curriculum so I am open to multi-subject courses. What are some of the favorites out there? I would love to have the long list of choices narrowed down a bit to the tried and true.

Thanks so much for any and all help. =)

I cobbled together our LA (and everything else :tongue_smilie:) This year we are using Dancing Bears (reading) and Writing With Ease (composition). We were using First Language Lessons for grammar, but dropped it because it didn't match Ariel's learning style. Next year we are using Jolly Grammar and Apples and Pears spelling in addition to Dancing Bears and WWE. I was never able to find a single program (especially a secular one) that covered all the bases to my satisfaction. You could look at K12, though. Most of the comments I've heard about their courses are positive, aside from the cost.