Menu

no plowing for last 2 snowstorms and no salt for any this winter

we have had 4 or 5 snow/ice storms this winter, the last 2 or 3 none of the cities plowed the streets and none have put down any salt at all this winter. Seems like a different life back when the plows and salt trucks ran almost non-stop. In one ice storm on New Year's Day, the mon and little sister of dd's friend were killed because of no salt (there was a witness in another car ahead of them who was just crawling along and he still slipped off the road).

I had to take dd to the dr. yesterday and some of the roads were still a little slippery from Mon. storm. I mean I don't think that the salt for the roads can be that expensive compared with other things that the towns spend money on. In every storm, there are quite a few people getting killed in accidents. The towns are all just saying that they don't have the money to plow and salt. Ok I guess my vent is over for now.

Wow, that's terrible! Here (outside DC) they have said that the Dec snow we got blew everyone's budget for plowing/salt, but the plows will still be running and they will still salt the roads when it snows. I wonder if you and others in your town start complaining they will do something? You know that squeaky wheel gets the grease!

We live about 75 west of DC and we are not getting plowed or salt, either. The roads were terrible last night. A car in front of me ended up on its side in a ditch. Another car that was in front of me did a 180 and almost hit a guardrail.

I'm terrified to drive in the snow and asked a friend to pick up my daughter from work. He ended up a ditch (in my driveway) and did a LOT of damage to his truck. I feel AWFUL! :crying:

But what about all the money lost when businesses have to shut down? Or when emergency vehicles can't travel safely? Last year the mayor of Seattle decided not to plow or ice the roads to protect the enviroment. People could not get to work, emergency vehicles were delayed, grocery shelves were bare. He was not reelected.